Air Transat Flights:
Hand Luggage Allowance:
• Economy: 10kg
• Option Plus: 10kg
• Club Class: 15kg
The size of hand luggage cannot exceed 23 x 40 x 51 centimetres on Air Transat flights (sizes are approximate).
Hold Luggage Allowance:
• Economy: One piece of luggage weighing up to 23kg per paying passenger.
• Option Plus: One piece of luggage weighing up to 23kg per paying passenger. New bookings made from 6th July 2016 for departures from 1st November 2016 onwards - Two pieces of luggage weighing up to 23kg each per paying passenger.
• Club Class: Two pieces of luggage per paying passenger, with a combined weight of up to 40kg. (the maximum weight of one bag must be no more than 32kg). New bookings made from 6th July 2016 for departures from 1st November 2016 onwards - Two pieces of luggage weighing up to 32kg each per paying passenger.
The overall dimensions of checked luggage must not exceed 158 cm (62 in) (length + width + height). If the size is greater than this, your luggage will need to be booked as cargo. Please www.airtransatcargo.com at least 48 hours in advance of your flight to book luggage as cargo. Separate charges apply and will be advised based on size and weight of baggage.
Travelling with Infants:
A maximum of one pram/pushchair and one car seat will be transported free of charge per child/infant. All additional child equipment, will be counted as part of the parent’s baggage allowance and charges may apply for any additional pieces.
Excess Baggage Charges:
• £49/€56/$75CAD if the weight exceeds the permitted limit in Economy Class for the first piece (maximum of 23kg)
• £49/€56/$75CAD if the combined weight of the two allowable pieces is over the permitted limit in Option Plus
• £49/€56/$75CAD if the combined weight of the two allowable pieces is over the permitted limit in Club Class
• £65/€75/$100CAD per piece for the first additional piece according to the permitted limit by class
• £130/€150/$200CAD per piece for the second and each additional piece thereafter according to the permitted limit by class
Where can passengers pay their excess baggage fees?
• At the airline check-in counters on the day of the flight
Which methods of payment are accepted?
• Cash, Debit cards(selected airports only), Major credit cards
If your airline baggage information is not listed please review the specific website of the airline you are travelling with to ensure you are aware of your baggage allowance, Canadian Affair are not responsible for charges applied to the carriage of baggage on any Domestic Carrier.
For more information, please see our FAQs.
Updated 29th June 2016