Careers at Canadian Affair
Canadian Affair is the leading tour operator selling tailor made packages to Canada. Want to be the best in the travel industry? We are!
So if you are looking to join one of the youngest, most dynamic hard working teams, then read on.
With an average age of 28, over 80 staff across 2 fabulous offices locations: Notting Hill Gate London & Glasgow City centre, you'll not only enjoy what you do but also love where you work.
We have a passion for Canada, selling, being the very best as well as enjoying our jobs. Canadian Affair knows how to look after its staff, so you'll enjoy a great salary and benefits package that includes staff travel, contributory pension scheme and private health care and progression is always possible, as is the ability to move around our different office locations.
As highlighted in the Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis of the top 1500 travel companies Canadian Affair are ranked as follows:
- • Sales/employee 4th place
- • Remuneration/employee 8th place
- • Sales growth 29th place
- • Pre tax profits 30th place
- • Overall Canadian Affair are among the top 50 companies listed as best trading partner.
So think you fit the bill? Want a new challenge? Are prepared to work hard and reap the benefits? Then send us your CV to (careersUK@transat.com) and perhaps you could be joining our dedicated team soon!
Please note that due to the anticipated high level of demand it may not be possible to respond to all applications.
Ticketing & Facilities Assistant
As a Ticketing & Facilities Assistant you will be central to the smooth running of the department and be expected to provide a broad range of support activities. If you thrive under pressure and enjoy working in a fast paced environment we are the company and department for you.
• Ticketing, Issuing / Reissuing / Refunds tickets in Galileo
• Run and manage reports
• Issuing clients documentation i.e. car vouchers, transfers, excursions, cruise etc
• Calling clients for insurance details
• Despatch schedule change documentation
• Resolve in-house booking queries
• Quality Control - Sense check bookings
• Brochure Reports including despatch and returns
• Data base entry
• Work closely with the operations, ground and product department
• Booking and confirming ground components
• Day to day control/upkeep of office materials and supplies
• Arranging the daily mail for collection
• To be a main point of call for any building facility requirements
• To assist in the smooth running of all internal meetings, to include but not limited to greeting visitors, setting up refreshments etc
- Support in the adherence and delivery of company Health & Safety policy and procedures
• Excellent working knowledge of Galileo
• A strong work ethic and willingness to go “above and beyond”
• Ability to work with a team and cooperate with others to achieve team objectives.
• Thrive working within a fast paced environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Exceptional customer service skills as some passenger contact will be required
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
• Able to work autonomously at times and as part of a team
• Ability to multi task and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Self-Motivated with a solution based mind-set
• Shift work will be required – Shift times 0830-1700, 0900-1730 and 1230-2100. Two weekend days work will also be required on a rotational basis.
To apply: Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com