Careers at Canadian Affair
Canadian Affair is the leading tour operator selling tailor made packages to Canada. Want to be the best in the travel industry? We are!
So if you are looking to join one of the youngest, most dynamic hard working teams, then read on.
With an average age of 28, over 80 staff across 2 fabulous offices locations: Paddington in London & Glasgow City Centre, you'll not only enjoy what you do but also love where you work.
We have a passion for Canada, selling, being the very best as well as enjoying our jobs. Canadian Affair knows how to look after its staff, so you'll enjoy a great salary and benefits package that includes staff travel, contributory pension scheme and private health care and progression is always possible, as is the ability to move around our different office locations.
As highlighted in the Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis of the top 1500 travel companies Canadian Affair are ranked as follows:
- • Sales/employee 4th place
- • Remuneration/employee 8th place
- • Sales growth 29th place
- • Pre tax profits 30th place
- • Overall Canadian Affair are among the top 50 companies listed as best trading partner.
So think you fit the bill? Want a new challenge? Are prepared to work hard and reap the benefits? Then send us your CV to (careersUK@transat.com) and perhaps you could be joining our dedicated team soon!
Please note that due to the anticipated high level of demand it may not be possible to respond to all applications.
Canadian Affair is the UK’s largest Tour Operator to Canada. We are looking for an accomplished Product Executive to join our expanding product team. Based at our Head office in London, it would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have experience within a product or sales team. They must be willing to work independently in a fast paced, forward thinking environment.
Scope of work
The role requires product & price analysis, supplier contract loading & auditing, selling system & web content management & maintaining relationships with internal departments & suppliers.
• Updating all product information on our in-house system ensuring prices and inventory are loaded in a timely fashion.
• Analyse competitor’s products & pricing to ensure we offer the best product & price proposition.
• Help develop new products and review/change/update existing products.
• Ensure all products are correctly displayed and bookable on line. Updating product information for the website on our inhouse content management system.
• Manage day to day queries and general communication with suppliers & internal customers.
• Help plan & execute strategies to maximise sales and margin across the product range.
• Provide the product content and pricing for marketing material and tactical marketing campaigns.
• Communicate all product offers to the marketing and sales team.
• Communicate product changes and any product issues during the season to the rest of the business.
• Develop sales tactics with the marketing team.
• Co-ordinate product training for sales staff including familiarisation trips.
• Work closely with the Finance team to ensure proper set up of all payment terms for suppliers.
• Assist the Customer Service team on any land product customer issues, liaising with suppliers.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong team player
• Superb decision maker
• Ability to develop & maintain strong relationships and work with all internal departments and external suppliers
• Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
• Advanced level of Microsoft Excel & Word
Successful candidates will benefit from full training an excellent benefits package and a rewarding working environment.
Your normal hours of work are 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.